Sunday, June 13, 2010

Did someone say COOKIES?

I've always had an interest in decorating cakes. My mother is extremely talented and has made many, many amazingly fabulous cakes over the years (don't let her deny it, she's got some mad skillz!)  Growing up I used to love flipping through her Wilton books.  I would daydream about which wedding cake I'd have, which cake I wanted for a baby shower etc.  Some time ago I saw that ACMoore offers Wilton cake decorating classes.  I can't count the times that I've said "I want to take those classes" but never signed up.  Then my friend Brett, over at This Mama Loves Her Bargains, took the class last month.  I was beyond green with envy.  So one Sunday while clipping coupons I took a look through the ACMoore insert and saw the Wilton class offered for $10!  Holy awesome deal!  I talked to hubby and he said I should go for it, so I did!














Last Monday was my first class and we kicked it off by decorating cookies.  Eh, not bad, not great.

Tomorrow night brings class #2 and I am very much looking forward to it.  We will be decorating a cake.  Pictures will be posted.  Good or bad.  :-)

PS) Sorry for the horrible picture quality.  I took the pictures at night in our dining room and I had the worst time getting a good white balance and I was too lazy to customize it :P



2 comments:

sweetjeanette said...

They look great! I remember my first cookie decorating class... oh my! I needed lots more practice (they weren't as pretty as yours!)

LivingChicontheCheap said...

What a great blog you have! I am so glad you stopped by. I actually follow you...I just don't get by as much as I would like these days.

I hope you have a great day and keep in touch!
Jessica