Sunday, July 25, 2010

Did someone say, CAKE?!

Last weekend I made a Wow Wow Wubbzy cake for my neighbors 3yr old.  This weekend I made the cake for their daughter's sweet 16!  I was a bit rushed because we also had the Zhu-niverse Tour to attend today, which meant leaving the house with 2 kids at 4:30am so we could see the hot air balloon launch at 6:45am!  (Look for Zhu-niverse Tour pictures to be posted tomorrow!  Check and see if the most adorable and fun Zhu Zhu's will be in a town close to you!)  So had I taken my time and not rushed, I'm sure the cakes would've looked much better.  But still, for being a newbie cake decorator (or should I say 'being a wannabe cake decorator' LOL), and despite the poorly executed design (check out the pompom...yeah...that needed to be scraped off and redone...no time tho), they were okay.  Not great, not good but okay.  I only hope the birthday girl wasn't disappointed!  Maybe by the time she turns 18 I'll have more skills to make something nicer for her :-)

3 cakes baked and decorated in 10 hours with 2 young kids running amok, a large Black Lab waiting for me to turn my back for a split second and a 20 + year old Orange Tabby cat sitting in a chair across the table threatening to pounce the cake at any moment.  








5 comments:

Yenta Mary said...

I think the cakes look beautiful -- particularly the one with the roses! I don't have either the patience or the fine motor skills to do this at all ....

Daphne said...

Your cakes are beautiful!! I wish I had this talent :)

I'm your newest subscriber by email from Mailbox Monday.....hope you have a great week!

Mrs. Sassy Crafter (Fabi) said...

Beautiful cake!....I'm a new follower from Mailbox Monday...would you follow me back? Thanks

www.mrssassycrafter.com

BrettBMartin said...

nice work! great job on the roses. those are tough.

want to come help with my sisters wedding cake? LOL

Mommy Minded said...

I really am a pretty crafty person.... BUT I can not do cakes! I love these!