Friday, February 18, 2011

Hasbro Toy Fair

On Saturday, February 12, 2011, I had the pleasure of attending the Hasbro Toy Fair in New York City.  This was my first big toy event to attend as a blogger and I was happy to have my best friend, my husband, accompany me.  We sent the kids to their grandparents houses for sleepovers while we got a last minute *adult only* day trip to the big apple!


We took a NJ Transit train from Trenton into Penn Station.  A short cab ride later we were at the Times Building where Hasbro had a nice breakfast spread ready and Sesame Street music playing for our listening pleasure.  I met so many people while waiting for the presentation to begin.  It was a lot of fun meeting bloggers that I've talked to online but had never met in person.  I want to give a shout out to my new friend at Have Sippy Will Travel.  HOLLA!  Samantha is a trip and a lot of fun!  We even had a visit from our furry Sesame Street friends, Elmo and Cookie Monster!

So we went into the theater for a presentation.  Having never been to one of these events I wasn't quite sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised with an entertaining little show!  We were greeted by Brian Goldner, President and CEO of Hasbro, who introduced Gary Knell, President and CEO of Sesame Workshop.

Together, with the help of Elmo and Cookie Monster, they announced that the two companies will partner up for ten years.  That's some great news!  I have to say, I never knew Elmo and Cookie Monster could be quite so entertaining for adults but they totally pulled it off!



Next we were spoiled with a tour of the Hasbro toy showroom.  Walking into the showroom was nothing short of amazing.  There are so many new and updated toys coming out in fall 2011.  We even got a sneak peak at some TOP SECRET toys!

For the sake of keeping this post from being a mile long, I've decided to feature the toys in a post all their own.  This is one post you won't want to miss!  Get ready to take notes and start making Christmas lists for 2011.

I also want to send out a huge THANK YOU to Hunter PR for inviting me to this event!

1 comments:

Samantha said...

WOOT!! Back at ya! And I'm still all sorts of jealous of your awesome camera, LOL