Monday, September 13, 2010

Lindo twist-N-roll tweezers ~ Review



Raise your hand if you have unwanted facial hair.  Okay, don't raise your hand or your kids will want to know what game you're playing :P  But lets face it, many, if not most, of us have unwanted facial hair.  I have a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrom (PCOS) and one of the fabulous side effects of this condition is excess facial hair.  Not everyone who has PCOS has the excess facial hair but I am one of the lucky ones who does.  It's all fun and games until you grow a man hair on your chin.  It started out with thick "peach fuzz"  and as I've grown older, the "peach fuzz" has added a few "man hairs".

I started out using tweezers.  Regular old tweezers.  That became too time consuming.  Nooo, I don't have *that* much excess facial hair, I'm just a perfectionist when it comes to tweezing and go for even the teeniest of hairs.  The next solution was to get one of those pen style hair trimmers.  That was efficient in removing the hair so it looked good, was fast and easy.  The problem was that it kind of leaves stubble behind.  What woman wants *stubble* on her face?  Not me, that's for certain!  So I tried my hand at waxing.  Wow that not only hurts but left my skin red, inflamed and I ended up with an itchy rash.  I tried a few different times before saying no more.

I had read a lot about hair threading on message boards and Facebook.  A lot of my friends were talking about it and that they have it done.  Spending money to have threading done on a regular basis is not an option for me.  Then I was given the opportunity to try Lindo twist-N-roll tweezers.

From Facial Work:
Lindo twist-n-roll tweezers is a hair removal tool that uses a similar process as the technique called hair threading.

Hair threading is an ancient method of hair removal in Asia in which the unwanted hair is removed from the roots with the use of a thread. Some people apply white powder before they thread the hair on their faces to make it easier. Hair threading may be difficult to learn and should be done by experienced people since there is potential to damage the skin if done improperly.

The Lindo twist-n-roll tweezers is a simple solution for hair removal. You can learn how to use it in just a few minutes. Now you can do the threading at home easily! 



You can imagine I was excited to give these a try!  I was pleasantly surprised at how easy the twist-N-roll tweezers are to use.  A few of the coarser "man hairs" were a bit more stubborn but once I got more practice using the tweezers and read a tip on the FAQ, the "man hairs" became easier.  I was especially pleased with the fact that my skin was left soft, minimal redness - if any at all, no rashes, no stubble and almost no discomfort.

Visit
Facial Work to view a video demo.

twist-N-roll tweezers can be used on chins, cheeks, upper eye brows and lips.  While the twist-N-roll is designed for facial use, it can be used on other parts of the body.

I received a sample product to facilitate this review.  All opinions shared are honest and my own.  No other form of compensation was received.

5 comments:

Closer to Lucy said...

Out getting Monday mail. Following you now.
Closertolucy.blogspot.com

Kimberly said...

Hi! Thanks so much for following and I'm following you back! I would love to try these tweezers! They sound great!
http://dearheartdesigns.blogspot.com
http://tidbitsfromamom.blogspot.com

Linda... said...

Thanks for the follow; am following you back. Enjoy your day.
http://Lindalovesblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

New Follower! Thanks for the comment

Ladii said...

Lol thats first Part Had me cracking Up! " Raise Your Hand" lol " No dont then your kids will want to know what Game you are playing"... I cant even Make the bed with Out The Mini Mr. Jumping thinking we playing with Him UGH! Thanks for the review