Monday, July 19, 2010

I made a Wow Wow Wubbzy Cake!

Wow Wow Wubbzy - Wubbzy Wubbzy Wow Wow...

Yep, the neighbors little boy wanted a Wubbzy cake and a Wubbzy cake he got!  I took some pictures during the process and thought I'd share them with you. 

I chose the rainbow chip cake because the confetti colors ring true to what Wubbzy's character is.

Time to make some icing!  I used the Wilton icing recipe found in the Wilton Method Decorating Basics Lesson Plan book.  So long as I don't over beat the icing it comes out perfect every time.  If you beat the icing on too high of a setting or for too long, it fills with air bubbles and makes smoothing the frosting very difficult.  It also makes piping difficult.




How many cats do you know that love sweets?  Simon is twenty-something years old.  I snapped this picture while yelling for my husband to grab the cat!  It was a super quick snapshot and I forgot to switch the camera settings but you can still get the idea.  He was a cat on a mission!  And here I was worried that the kids or dog would be the ones to go after the cake.

And here is the final product!

6 comments:

Saving said...

WOW! That turned out SO cute :o) My kids would love it. Thanks for sharing & too funny about the cat! Mine is prego right now, seems like she will eat anything!

Danielle @ We Have It All said...

HEY! That turned out GREAT, I LOVE it!!

Donda said...

That's a cool cake!

Unknown said...

Love the colors of the cake!

I'm a subscriber now!

Lisa

Unknown said...

I love the picture of your cat going in for the goods! I'm subscribing from Mailbox Monday! I'm looking forward to your updates! :)

BrettBMartin said...

you have some serious talent!!