Saturday, July 24, 2010

PLAYSKOOL Sid the Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone ~ Review

Okay seriously, I'm just gonna say this now...this review is going to be the death of me.  I've attempted to get it started a few different times, each time getting interrupted and each time getting the gosh darned Sid the Science Kid theme song stuck in my head!  I love ya Sid, but your song is catchy and I'd rather not have it running thru my head while the kids are sleeping soundly :P

Now.  On to the review.  We received a PLAYSKOOL Sid the Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone to try out and review.  I should've done a video when the kids and I opened the box because the twinkle in their eyes was priceless.  My 5yr old was all "Mommy, is that for us?  Or someone else?  Because if it's for us, I can take it out of the box and play with it now."
Of course I had to toy with him and make him really long for the toy that just showed up on the doorstep :-)  After I told him that it was sent to mommy to review for her blog, he instantly volunteered to "try it out" for me.  He couldn't wait to get it out of the box and as I was disassembling the box he was telling me everything there was to know about Sid and the Gotta Know Microphone.  Like he'd ever seen one before LOL

He even let me take his picture - folks, this was huge.  Not only did he let me take his picture, he SMILED.  However, he was pushing the yellow button, as you can see, which sounds like an applause from a large audience - you know he was eating that up.  It wasn't but a few minutes before we headed down to the yard to do "races" while mommy used the microphone to "announce" "on your marks, get set, GO!"  I'm sure the neighbors got a charge out of seeing, and hearing!, that racket in the yard LOL  The kids loved it, tho.  The purple button sounds like an audience cheering which was super fun with the races.

We've really enjoyed the Gotta Know Microphone.  The biggest thing, for me, is that there IS an OFF switch!  Here's what each button does:

Purple = Cheering
Yellow = Clapping/Applause
Red = Sid the Science Kid theme song
White = Mode for kids to sing/talk into

The white button must be pushed in the whole time you want to talk into the microphone.  It was a bit annoying trying to get my almost 3yr old to understand that - but in hindsight it's probably a GOOD thing that the button has to be held in :P

My final thought on the Sid the Science Kid Gotta Know Microphone is that it was a huge hit and the kids still love it.  I would totally recommend it!

From HASBRO  website:

Approx. Retail: $14.99

Item: 39368
Ages: 3 and Up

Sid the Science Kid is an animated television series on PBS Kids, starring Sid, a funny and inquisitive 5-year old. Join Sid and his friends as they celebrate their excitement and curiosity about the world through discovery, activity and fun!
Explore your world with an electronic microphone just like the Sid the Science Kid character’s on the animated television series! Fun push-button features let you create applause noise after you’ve interviewed someone, laughter noise when you’ve told a joke and even the Sid the Science Kid series theme song and silly sounds when you’re ready to sing! For extra fun, set it to “echo mode” and listen to your voice echo…echo…echo… everywhere you go!
Electronic microphone, modeled after the one in the television series, lets kids tell jokes, interview and sing with its laughter, applause, theme song and echo features! Includes 3 “AAA” batteries. Ages 3 and up.



























I received a sample to facilitate this review, no other compensation was received.  All opinions expressed within the review are 100% honest and my own.  If you have specific questions about the Gotta Know Microphone, please contact the Hasbro-Playskool customer service.

0 comments: