Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pictures ~ Zhu-niverse Tour Readington, NJ - July 25th.

On July 25th my family and I had the awesome opportunity to participate in the Zhu-niverse Tour at the Festival of Ballooning in Readington, NJ.  We left the house at 4:30am (that's right, we got the kids up at 4:15am!) to make the hour and a half drive up to Readington, NJ.  We arrived early so we could see the launch of the hot air balloons.  So glad we decided to go early, rather than wait for the 6:30pm launch.  It was hot and uncomfortably humid out.  After the launch of the balloons we walked around and checked out different vendors as we waited for the Zhu-niverse crew to finish setting up.

Folks let me just tell you how unbelievably awesome the crew for the Zhu-niverse Tour is.  They are so full of energy, are friendly and are *excellent* with the kids.  Not to mention they made us feel welcome and at home.  They gave the impression that they loved their job and *wanted* to be there.  It was rather refreshing.

A little about the event:  There were two tables set up for the kids to play with Zhu Zhu pets.  One table was the Kung Zhu set up and the other was the original set up.  My son flocked to the Kung Zhu table and didn't have much interest in anything else.  They had this super cool thing where the kids were asked several questions and had their picture taken to find out what Zhu Zhu Pet they were.  They got badges to wear for it and were able to look up their photos online 2 days later.  There was a Nintendo DS station set up.  My son checked it out briefly but went right back to the Kung Zhu table :-)  And they had a fun Kung Zhu obstacle training course, which my daughter loved.  She got to hit the gong at the end and get stickers.  But as my son found his favorite place with Kung Zhu, my daughter LOVED being on stage.  Heh.  OH, and the human hamster wheel.  You'll see in the pictures that my kids didn't quite "get it" LOL

So I have a ton of pictures.  I picked several of my favorites and decided it would be best to put them in a slide show.  (Crossing my fingers and hoping it works!)


2 comments:

bigdisneyfan said...

It sounds like your family had an amazing time at this event. I have to find out if they are coming to anywhere near Toronto, Canada. My daughter is 3 and my son is 5. They would both love this like your kids did. EVERY time my son sees a comercial on TV for Kung Zhu pets, he asks for them. Thanks for letting us know about this!

Stefany said...

We went to this here in St. Louis and my kids had an absolute blast as well! Here is my post if you want to see... it looks pretty much the same for us both. I am glad you guys had as much fun as we did.

http://www.tobethode.com/2010/05/fun-zhuniverse-tour-2.html